- To confirm a function booking at The Lane Vineyard (“Us” “We”) we require you to pay a security deposit and agree to the following terms and conditions. Until these signed terms and conditions and the deposit are received, we reserve the right to cancel the function booking and reallocate the space. Once a booking is confirmed, you are bound by these terms and conditions.
- A deposit 25% of the estimated function cost payable at the time of confirmation.
- A minimum spend is required for all functions, this will be outlined in your quote and is not refundable.
- Minimum spends are to be made up of food and beverage consumed at the event only and/or as specified in your quote.
- All accounts will be invoiced in full 4 weeks prior to the function date, with full payment due no later than 2 weeks before the function date. If payment is not received in full by the due date, the function is no longer confirmed and the cancellation policy will apply.
- Credit card payments attract a 1.75% service fee.
- In the event that items need to be hired in, the cost as specified by The Lane Vineyard, will be passed on to the client in full.
- A valid credit card is required to be held by The Lane Vineyard until 7 days following your event should any additional charges be incurred.
- The Lane Vineyard does not accept payment by cheque.
REDUCTION IN GUEST NUMBERS
- Final numbers are required no later than 48 hours prior to the event. This will be the minimum number charged.
- In the event that you need to cancel your function the following will apply:
- Cancellations 4 weeks or more from the date of the function will forfeit the security deposit and any non-refundable hire items (including marquee if applicable).
- Cancellations within 2 weeks of the date of the function will forfeit 100% of all monies paid.
- If The Lane Vineyard cannot host you on your confirmed date due to government Covid-19 restrictions any monies paid can be postponed to a future available date.
- Any external hire would be subject to third party terms and conditions.
- If your cancellation is due to changes in guest numbers the cancellation policy outlined in .6 above would apply.
- No food or beverages of any kind will be permitted to be brought into the venue for consumption at the function by the client or by guests, invitees or persons attending the function, except by prior arrangement with management (with the exception of wedding cakes).
- The Lane Vineyard has a strict no BYO policy. The Lane Vineyard does not offer spirits. Responsible Service of Alcohol: The Lane Wine Company PTY LTD reserves the right (under the Liquor Licensing Act, 1997 – section 125) to refuse service of alcohol to intoxicated or disorderly patrons. These patrons may also be asked to leave the premises. Through the Liquor Licensing Act, The Lane Wine Co. has the duty of care for staff and the patrons and we therefore act accordingly. Liquor service will cease 30 minutes prior to the conclusion of the event.
SET UP AND DELIVERY OF EQUIPMENT
- You are responsible for the costs associated with the set up and pack down of external (third party) equipment for the function. All deliveries made to the venue must provide prior notice as to expected arrival and must be marked with the name and date of the function. No deliveries will be accepted between 12 noon and 3pm on any given day, without prior arrangement with management.
- Whilst every effort will be made to assist in the movement of goods from the loading area to the function area, assistance will be offered on the basis of staff availability.
- All items are to be picked up the next day at a time negotiated by the function manager.
DISPLAYS AND SIGNAGE
- Nothing is to be nailed, screwed, stapled or adhered to any wall, door, or other surface or any part of the building. All relevant signage required by law regarding licenses and alcohol service must remain displayed at all times during your event.
- Smoke machines and pyrotechnics are not permitted. Restrictions on sparklers, candles and any open flames will apply during fire ban season. No wax candles are permitted in the venue without vases supplied by the client.
- No confetti or confetti-like substances are permitted anywhere in the venue including the surrounding estate. Use of these substances will attract a cleaning fee.
- The Lane Vineyard has a strict no smoking policy in and around our venue. It is the client’s responsibility to communicate this policy to the guests attending their function. The tasting room, dining room, winery, outdoor terrace and deck are smoke free zones and smokers are asked to use the designated smoking area and bins provided. Cigarette butts left on the ground will incur a cleaning fee.
- Clients holding a function at The Lane Vineyard are fully responsible for any damages sustained to the premises, its contents and property owned or in the care or custody of The Lane Vineyard. This liability extends to the entire estate and vineyards.
- Any cost of repairs due to damage caused by the client, or guests of the client will be invoiced to the client and charged to the credit card on file.
- Subject only to variations specified in a subsequent event order signed by both parties, the attached document and these terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties and shall supersede all prior offers, negotiations and agreements in connection with the function.
BASIS OF AGREEMENT
- Performance of this agreement is subject to labour troubles, disputes, strikes or pickets, accidents, government (Federal, State, Local requisitions), restrictions upon travel, transportation, food, beverage or supplier’s equipment failure and other causes which are beyond the control of The Lane Vineyard.
- In no event shall The Lane Vineyard be liable for the loss of profit or consequential damages suffered by the client, where based on breach of contract, warrant or otherwise. In no event shall The Lane Vineyard’s liability be in excess of the estimated function cost.
- If The Lane Vineyard has reason to believe that a function will have an adverse effect on the venue, its security or reputation, it reserves the right to cancel the event.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
- At no time will the client commit any act or permit its employees, agents or guests to commit any act that is illegal or offensive or is in breach of the venue’s rules. Nor can any such act breach any statutes, by law, orders, regulations or other provisions having the force of the law including but not limited to the venue liquor license and fire obligations.
- The Lane Vineyard will not accept any responsibility for damages or loss of merchandise left in the venue or function area prior to or after the function. Guest’s goods must be removed from the venue by 11am the day following the conclusion of the function.
- The client is required to inform all relevant persons involved in the organizing of the function (including contractors), of the venue’s Terms and Conditions.
- It is understood that the client will conduct their function in an orderly manner in full compliance with the venue management and all applicable laws.
- The venue reserves the right to exclude or eject any and all objectionable persons from the function or the premises without liability.